Monday, December 23, 2013

christmas traditions: the plaza lights


one of my favorite christmas traditions is going to the plaza during the holidays. this is a tradition new to both of us - possibly one of the reasons i like it most. the plaza was one of the areas that won my heart during my kc visits while colby and i were dating - and spending new years together during college usually meant we'd make a trip to the still-lit plaza.

we've only made it for the actual lighting ceremony once or twice - pre-children - but we've always gone up for dinner and/or shopping while it's in all of its lighted glory.




there's something so nostalgic about being there during the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping and sneaking indoors for dinner. christmastime is still so magical to me, and i wish this same enthusiasm upon my boys. i love this part of my kansas city christmases.

No comments: