Thursday, January 30, 2014

2014: two wrong feet.

Have you ever seen the movie Erin Brockovich?

I'm a Julia Roberts junkie through and through. I love her, and I love her movies. (And I swooned when she walked up to present at the Grammy's last weekend.) And for someone who doesn't watch movies, I've seen most of hers. One of my favorite movie lines during that movie is this:

Female Lawyer: Look, I think we got off on the wrong foot here.
Erin (played by Julia Roberts): That's all you've got, lady - two wrong feet and f*cking ugly shoes.

Not G-rated, but it makes me giggle.

2014 started on the wrong foot. And my feelings towards 2014 thus far resemble those same feelings Erin Brockovich had towards that lawyer.

That flu and sickness kicked our behinds. Hard. It was 2 weeks before we felt we had entered back into the land of the living, and skipping out on 30th birthday celebrations for Colby. Meanwhile, back home, some news of scary CT scans of my momma's insides began a [torturous] 2 week wait for news.

Really crappy news.

I have incredible support - via family, friends, and beyond. I'm thankful to be in Indiana today, thankful to be here with my sweet momma.

1 comment:

Leslee Dummermuth said...

sure do love you...and your sweet mama