Sunday, February 23, 2014

my weekend in photos.

It was one of those weeks that I felt I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off. The weekend came to my rescue, though even that was busy.

It was the last week of swim season, so I played the single mom role on Friday while Colby went to Topeka. The boys, the dogs, and I survived on our own, but it sure was nice to have Colby back after just one night.

Friday night, I wore a baby around Owen's school carnival while he participated in games and visited with friends. It was a late night, and I failed to take any pictures until the very end, only because I remembered I had told Colby he'd get one from the carnival.


On Saturday, we headed to Topeka to cheer on the "Wanterns" (aka Lancers) at State. My little squirrely friends cheered loud - and the boys placed 2nd at the meet. Colby was beyond proud of their young team for coming as far as they did over the season, and I'm happy to have him home. :)


We're slowly introducing food. I can't say that we have big success stories to brag, but it's certainly going more smoothly than this stage did with his older brother. Prunes: it's what's for dinner.


Marble racing. All day every day. I've mentioned it before, and I'll mention it again - this is one of our greatest and most valued Christmas gifts to date. We did go ahead an buy a lot of pieces to the set from ebay last month - we have enough pieces now to make a mega-sized run, or two separate - plus some extra!

video

Brothers! And a rare occurrence that I bother putting shoes on my baby. Ain't nobody got time for that. (Is it normal to get lazier with each baby? Sorry, Brooksy.)


We planned a Family Sunday Funday at Monkey Bizness for this guy to exert some energy after a long Saturday morning of self-play while I cleaned, and sitting through a long commute and swim meet that afternoon and evening.


video

And here it is Sunday night, and I can't help but wish I had one more day to my weekend to rest!

No comments: