Sunday, February 9, 2014

my weekend in photos.

Owen practicing his penmanship using the artwork on his bedroom walls. He told me I did a great job on Batman, but I think his Aquaman might have given me a run for my money.

 Ugh, Hoosiers. Let's just try to make the tournament. I actually missed the game for a girls night, but was certainly disappointed (though, not really surprised) by the report of another conference loss. 

Saturday morning we attended my niece's basketball game, then spent a lazy afternoon at home while Colby was at his swim meet.

It's during difficult seasons of life that I'm so thankful for the friendships I've made along the way. A piece of mail arrived from a dear friend from my high school years that not only left me in tears, but also keenly aware of how loved myself and my family are by so many.

We got our first snow storm, and we have icicles everywhere. So why not bring one indoors? (Don't judge my bottle collection.) I'll post more pictures of our mid-week snow days soon.

I'm not usually the fun parent when it comes to snow, but I made a valiant effort to spend some time outdoors making snow angels and sledding with my snow-lovin' 3-year-old while dad was away.

 He's baaaack! Sickness is gone (for now), and life is good.

No comments: