Friday, February 14, 2014

superhero valentines.

Awhile back, I found this link to a free superhero themed valentine template. I doctored it up a little to personalize with Owen's actual signature (as it was suggested they sign their own cards for practice), and also by including a picture. Version one actually featured a pantless version of Owen but I ultimately decided against it to avoid any possible embarrassment for my baby boy who is growing up too fast. (and also whose classmates are mostly 5-year-olds.) A couple days before Valentine's Day, I staged a 3 minute photoshoot before school.. with pants.

This is what we came up with.


To keep trend with year's past, I opted to skip the sweets and treat them to something that most parents will appreciate more than the candy. A perfect compliment (and also doable with such a small class size) to a super hero themed valentine? Super hero masks!

I found a cheaper version than what we passed out at his Captain America birthday party. I opted for the felt version of the masks from this etsy shop, though they also have an even cheaper foam version available.

I love how they turned out.

See my past candy-free valentine creations here and here.

No comments: