Wednesday, May 28, 2014

birthday questions. [owen at 4.]



  What is your favorite color? Blue
  What is your favorite toy? My basketball goal.
  What is your favorite tv show? Paw Patrol.
  What is your favorite movie? Planes.
  What is your favorite thing to eat for lunch or dinner? Peanut Butter and Jelly for lunch and steak for dinner. (The steak part is not the truth...)
  What is your favorite outfit? My Eric Berry shirt/jersey. (This can also be interpreted as "I don't care, but I can see it from where I'm sitting, so that's what I"m picking.")
  What is your favorite game? Basketball.
  Who is your best friend? Xander.
  What is your favorite animal? Cheetah.
  What is your favorite song? Blow Away from Dusty. (I'm not really sure this song exists, but he says it's from Planes. He's in the business of making up songs on a daily basis.)
  What is your favorite thing to eat for breakfast? Big O Cereal. (Oh's) 
  What is your favorite thing to do outside? Play baseball.
  What is your favorite drink? Best Lemonade Ever.
  What is your favorite holiday? Halloween.
  What do you like to take to bed with you at night? Little Mickey.
  What do you want to be when you grow up? Firefighter.
  What is your favorite book? Cyrus the Sea Serpent.
  What is your favorite treat/dessert? Chocolate chip cookies.
  What do you love about yourself? I love my peach skin and my eyes so I can see things. (We've recently had conversations about skin colors, and loving those differences about ourselves and others.)
  What do you pray about? Grandma to feel better.
  What’s your favorite thing to do with Daddy? Play 'Tag You're It Ball." (a version of tag that involves throwing a ball at one another rather than tagging with your hands)
  What’s your favorite thing to do with Mommy? Play baseball and my marble race. (I'm pretty sure the last time I played baseball with him was when I bit it, leaving scar that still exists a year later.)

It was interesting to see what has changed from last year's answers, and a few that have remained the same (favorite drink, favorite thing to do outside). Even another couple that didn't have meaning to him last year that he understood a bit more (what he wanted to be when he grew up, what he loves about himself).

Owen's 4th birthday began with donuts and ended with gelato at our family's favorite pizza place.  I took the day off, and Daddy met us at the pool over a long lunch break for our first trip of the summer. After dinner out, we headed to t-ball practice, where we ended a fun day celebrating our four year old!

No comments: