Sunday, May 11, 2014

my weekend in photos.

Whoever planned the NFL draft weekend to land on Mother's Day weekend this year did not consult with me first. Each year my husband and his buddy head to the Ozarks for a guys' weekend at the lake for the draft - and this year it happened to be Mother's Day Weekend.

So it was me and these two knuckleheads for a 4-day weekend. :)

We did things like have PB&J for dinner, homemade milkshakes for an after lunch snack, and cuddle in momma's bed with a bowl of popcorn. 

Spent our Saturday afternoon at some ball fields - both watching my niece's game and watching O's practice. (But let's be real, a mobile little peanut allows me to do anything but sit and watch.)

But he sure is cute.

 This might be the first in 4 years that I didn't have my favorite mother's day breakfast made by my husband, but I did enjoy a lovely little brunch with my in-laws. 

We spent a little time monkeying around. He's growing too quickly. 

I got my bake on in the spirit of summer and a teacher we appreciate a whole lot. (Yep, a week late, but I just couldn't get my act together before now.) It's not perfect, but I happen to know that it tastes amazing.

And don't you worry, we doubled the batch to enjoy some at home. With a big ol' glob of homemade ice cream and a warm evening on the porch.. yep, summer is here. 

To these silly boys who fill my heart with so much joy: being your momma rocks my world. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: