Thursday, April 16, 2015

life::an outtake

It's taken some time, but I've made some really great friends in Kansas City. One of them came by way of a mutual friend as a fellow Hoosier relocating to Kansas City. This past Monday we met for coffee (or in my case, a chai tea latte) so that she could finally meet Sadie and to take advantage of my new SAHM status while I'm on maternity leave. Later that day while I was out for an appointment, she delivered dinner for my family.

Also, she delivered daffodils.


I received a call from my dad the next morning - he and my brother had gone to visit my mom's grave as her headstone had finally been put in the day before. My dad had already been on Monday afternoon, but he wanted to go back with my brother on his day off. When they arrived Tuesday morning, someone had already been the evening before - they had delivered daffodils. 

A little strange, a little morbid, a little heartbreaking.. but I found joy in knowing my momma and I were loved on with daffodils on that random Monday.