Friday, May 29, 2015

life::an outtake

 
 My husband be a crazy fool.

I received a text from him from our basement a half hour after I had gone upstairs to bed to come down.

"Come down."
"You come up. Bedtime." 
"Please. 2 mins."
"What."
"Come down. Please."

Uuuggghhhhh. So I drag myself out of bed. (Though I was hardly near sleep. Life be too cray to sleep.) When I get down there, he was covered in sweat next to the treadmill and asked me to take a picture. REALLY? You are calling me out of bed totakeaPICTURE?!

But when I got closer to the treadmill, he showed me why. That crazy man hopped on the treadmill to get in a run and just. wouldn't. stop. He ran 13.1 miles. A half marathon. On the TREADMILL. Wha?!

It will take me a good year before I reach the point of being able to do that. Outdoors. (A lifetime could go by, and I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to reach that kind of mileage on a treadmill.) And even then, his time will still be better than mine. (He was around 2:10) He's not a "runner." He's gone for maybe ten 1-2 mile runs in the past couple of months. Just. Whatever. In so many ways, though, I'm not the least bit surprised as this is my husband in a nutshell. When he gets his mind set on something, he's all in. Don't even bother trying to stand in his way.

1 comment:

Kendra G. said...

I am seriously speechless. Wow... just wow.