Thursday, June 11, 2015

life::an outtake


Last week, I had a birthday. One of my favorite gifts I received was a "Save the Date" card for a date night with Owen. This was not only our "first date," but it was especially meaningful because he is the one I spend the least one-on-one time with due to my popularity amongst the smaller crowd in this house. So last night I came home from work to a 5-year-old who was looking extra handsome [but also extra hungry, per dad], so I rushed up to change into a dress, carrying some strappy sandals in hand to ask Owen how I looked. He goes to my closet and pulls out my nude pumps to replace my flat sandals, and off we went!

Owen talked my ear off. Mostly about Royals and baseball, then we played tic tac toe and dots & boxes on his paper kid menu. He devoured the bread and oil that came before the meal, and had pepperoni pizza for dinner, and couldn't wait to be done so we could continue our intense game of dots & boxes.

It was simple and sweet, and just what I needed with my biggest little man.

No comments: