Friday, June 12, 2015

my weekend in photos.

Last weekend was dedicated to celebrating my birthday with some lady-friends. I had put myself to bed before 9 on a Friday night in hopes that I'd sleep off whatever bug that had me feeling lousy, and it worked.

We arrived in Weston, MO - a teeny quaint little town about an hour away from KC -  on Saturday afternoon to Pirtle Winery. We sampled the menu, then ordered a couple of bottles and a picnic basket to share.


We checked into the Saint George, continued our wine drinking, then headed to dinner at Avalon Cafe, where I had more wine, dinner, and a birthday dessert [with a crooked candle].

After dinner, we headed to O'Malley's, a musty underground irish pub from 1842 - where smoking still isn't outlawed in bars, and we listened to live music and had drinks.


Meanwhile, back in KC... Colby & Owen enjoyed a muggy day at the K with friends cheering on the Royals. 


It was a late night for me, but "late" is a relative term when you turn 30. And I wasn't the only one out past dark. Meet the incontinent Mr Toad...

For the life of me, I can't figure out how I didn't fell like complete dirt on Sunday morning when my biological clock woke me up around 6:30 AM after a night full o' drinks and a later than usual bedtime. It was the best day/night - those gals made me feel really special for my 30th birthday. <3 p="">

I had a crew that was happy to see me after my night away - the first away from Sadie. And I was sure happy to see them.




We even made a trip to the pool - the first of the year after a rainy couple of weeks. 

Bedtime was welcomed early Sunday night. 

No comments: