Monday, September 7, 2015

my [last two] weekend[s] in photos.

Welp, so immediately following my weekend at the lake, my laptop quit working on me. It was a very sad couple of weeks without the ol' girl, but I'm back. To the best of my ability. I'm too tired to make it through all 3 weekends, so Labor Day weekend will be a little delayed.

Our family took a trip to the Ozarks for the weekend at the close of our first couple of days back to school. It was a fun way to close out our summer for a little mini-"vacay" with our fam. It wasn't really hot, but the pool was heated, so the boys were perfectly content to spend the whole weekend in the pool, and I was perfectly content to have a lazy weekend with my crew.

Our happy little lady.

 Boys in the pool. All. weekend.

We had to drag Owen out of the pool to go, but once we got out there, he didn't want the ride to end.

Back porch sittin' with my girl. 

 He loved to watch all the other boats (or jet skis) go by.

This kinda sums up my weekend. Baby on my lap, a drink close by, some water and my boys (which you can't see in this photo) in my vantage point.

A ride on the boat was a first for these two. Brooks sobbed when the boys put the cover back on the boat at the end of the weekend. 

A big thanks to our weekend host!


Then, after two weekends out of town, it was good to spend the one at home.

We went out for some Mexican on Friday night & indulged in sopapillas for dessert. 

I had an impromptu coffee date with a friend on Saturday morning, followed by Owen's first soccer game of the season. At the end of the game when the coach asked the team if they had fun, Owen replied "Yeah, but I'd rather be playing baseball." Doh! 


When a family walk turns into a run.
 

Owen is currently Monopobsessed. He's been plotting to buy the adult version with his piggy bank money. 

 When you share a room with your brother, every night is a sleepover. 

We ran a couple of errands, made it to church after being out for a couple of weeks, filled our post-bedtime evenings with Parenthood marathons, and enjoyed the pleasant weather before the hot stretch rolled in. We're working to find our school year groove, still, so a weekend to regroup was needed!

No comments: