Tuesday, September 15, 2015

my weekend in photos.

It was one of those weekends that was less than perfect, yet my heart so happy. At any given time, I had a child crying. From the 6 month old all the way up to my 5 year old, I had an extra sensitive bunch. We, and about 3 other residents, participated in our neighborhood garage sale and have little to show for it. And we finished season 5 of Parenthood and now have to wait 2 weeks until the final season is available on Netflix.

My sister-in-law joined me most of the day on Friday [while the inside of my house remained untouched] for some good company for our less than impressive showing. That evening when my children came home, they took a new interest in all of the toys we had out for sale.

That evening, my girlfriend and I took our feet out for some overdue pampering. The man who was doing my pedicure asked whether I was a runner, and whether I had small children. His assumptions were based on the calluses on my feet and the bruises on my legs. Thanks for covering for me calluses - I'm a little off my game. A little mossy, a little bird poopy:

I put Colby and Owen in charge of the sale on Saturday morning while I took Brooks on an errand adventure. The two of us knocked out Trader Joes, Costco, and Target all before 10 AM. I stocked our cabinets with red wine, and put my shopping trip to good use immediately by making some chicken tetrazzini. Tis the season for casseroles!

This little lady is growing right before my eyes. It seems like she is learning/mastering something new all the time, and this weekend's feat has been standing to play - her new favorite pastime.

My sister-in-law and niece spent the day with us again, and then the rest of her crew joined us for dinner that evening. It's kind of amazing to look at these two -- my first niece who is now in middle school holding her littlest cousin.

Another trip to Target was made on Sunday when I finally decided to give in to Owen's pleas to buy the real (NOT Junior) version of Monopoly using the funds from his piggy bank. We brought along our sidekick Brooks, though I should have stopped while I was ahead from our trips the day before when he was on MUCH better behavior.

After we got the two-year-old grouch down for a nap, Owen and I broke in his new game.

We finished out our weekend with a birthday party for my 3-year-old niece and a soccer game for Owen where he scored his first goal of the season - game-winning in the final couple of minutes of play.



Sure didn't want our weekend to end!




No comments: