Thursday, November 26, 2015

life::an outtake



"I carry your heart with me (I carry it in my heart)" - E.E. Cummings 


This necklace was a gift from Colby (and the boys) last Christmas. The signature is a replica of one my mom signed in my 3rd grade yearbook: "Meg, To my favorite daughter! Love, Mommy" I called her Mommy into adulthood (although embarrassing during middle and high school years), and cherish this symbol of my angel momma that I get to wear so close to my heart.

A year is 365 days too many to do life without you, but I am forever thankful for your example, your selfless love, your listening ear, never-ending smile, and the kind of beauty that radiates from deep within. I'm thankful to be spending today in Indiana, surrounded by the family she was so crazy about. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: