Thursday, January 14, 2016

life::an outtake


Around 1:30 AM this morning, I'm awakened by a loud whisper voice: "Mom. Mom. Mom! Do you know where Brooksy is?"

Huh???

After a quick and frantic sweep of his bed, bedroom, and upstairs level, I woke my husband in the very same manner. Disoriented and frazzled, we are loud whispering through the house (so as to not wake Sadie) with no answer. I flip on a light to find him sitting on a couch on our first level, in complete darkness, holding his blanket to his cheek (as he does when he's sleepy) with his eyes open and staring into the darkness.

When I said his name again, he turns his head slowly towards the lit room I'm standing in, and in a soft, calm voice says, "Hi, momma.." For a split-second, I was certain his head was going to start spinning in circles. I don't know which was more terrifying- his disappearance or finding him.

No comments: