Monday, May 9, 2016

my weekend in photos.

I got to celebrate our sweet nanny's baby girl on the way at her shower on Saturday morning. The kids helped me "decorate" the gift wrap.

And THEN.. I took photos at my first ever wedding with one of my favorite people by my side. Aside from wanting to amputate my toes by the end of the night from a poor shoe choice, I really enjoyed the experience and hope it's not the last opportunity I have!


For Mother's Day on Sunday, Colby made my favorite breakfast and my current favorite dinner. We had stuffed french toast and grilled chicken quesadillas and my belly was so happy.

The morning was sunny and beautiful. After we were all ready for church (with time to spare?), we hung in the back yard and on the back porch.


After church and the babes were down for a nap, I may have fallen asleep for a quick cat nap while the storms rolled in.

It was the perfect amount of dark and stormy and rumbly with a steady rainfall for sitting on the porch again for an entirely different kind of perfect. The younger two were napping which allowed me some personal space and a peaceful afternoon sitting and reading and chatting with Colby & Owen.

Sadie and I took a girls trip to Target and perused the aisles until she decided she wasn't having it anymore. Home just in time for bedtime to kiss each of my people goodnight, and tell them how happy it makes me to be their mama.

Was missing my own mama this weekend, but feel really fortunate that she has given me so many reasons to celebrate her on this day.

Happy Mother's Day to all of you amazing mamas out there!

No comments: