Tuesday, August 16, 2016

life::an outtake.



Today was another first day of "school" at our house. This sweet boy could hardly contain his excitement the 24 hours leading up to this day.. his "pack pack," lunchbox, and combing his hair - he was giddy about it all.

It's been over a year since I made the drive to Bethany Lutheran, but on this morning's drive to school it hit me how routine the drive felt. Almost like it was yesterday, I could remember calling up my mama on those drives.

So I just blurted it out. Because I want my children to know. "I miss Grandma a lot today."

It was silent in the back seat for a few seconds, then Brooks - with so much excitement - says, "I know! After my go school today, THEN you go see Gamma. Would that make you happy, mommy?"

"Mama? That make you happy?"

It took me a moment to catch my breath. "Yes, Brooksy. That would make Mommy SO happy."

No comments: