Sunday, January 29, 2017

life::an outtake.


January is busy. And coming off of the holiday season, that is usually hard on us. Somewhere between mid-January and mid-February, one or all of us are coming down with colds. Add the cold weather, lack in sunshine, and long work days (for both of us), and you can guarantee I'm counting down the days until spring is here.

Swim season allows for very little reprieve from being on dinner-duty. My Hyvee freezer meal night is my saving grace for our healthy dinner menus (with an occasional meal from my MIL!), but crock-pot dinners wear themselves out after awhile - especially when dealing with picky eaters who groan at anything that comes from my beloved slow-cooker.

So last night when Colby and Owen showed up with grocery bags after his basketball game, I couldn't have been more excited to have a non-slow-cooker/casserole dinner. He made us steak, a fresh salad, and some homemade bruschetta with avocado and salmon.

They also picked up a box of brownie/cookie mix, which is against my from-scratch dessert standard. However, I let the box mix slide out of principle of a sweet gesture.

No comments: