Tuesday, January 3, 2017

my weekend in photos.

We spent out New Year's weekend in Indiana for a belated Christmas visit with my dad for a second consecutive extended weekend.

Cracker Barrel errrrrytime. 

After a long day on the road, we ended the day around the Christmas tree opening gifts.

Anything outside of Sadie's bedroom in our own house is not an ideal sleeping situation for her. (And even that is a stretch.) So we gave up and let her sleep between Colby and I for our stay. I have a feeling that will not play out well back home.

Brooksy and I ran errands on Saturday morning around town, with our primary focus being on picking up cake ingredients from "the Apple store" (supermarket with a big apple on the sign) to make Daddy's favorite chocolate mayonnaise cake for his birthday.

Owen always takes full advantage of the available board game opponents.

We had a 4:30 PM mexican dinner (#whenatgrandpas) out with extended family.


Then we let the kids run wild at Grandpa's house for our "low-key" NYE. I lasted until 10:30, which is 9:30 KC time, and never even poured a glass of wine. And I'm not even sad about it.

For New Year's Day, we headed to have brunch at my friend Erin's house with some of my favorite HS ladies and their families. Spending the first day of the year with some of my oldest and greatest friends is destined to be a great year, right?


We had another early dinner out, and then came home for some birthday cake and candles for the birthday guy.


Nighttime cartoon ritual to tame the crazy.

Monday morning was here before we knew it, wrapping up our quick visit in the Hoosier state.

We hit the road, making a detour for a Cracker Barrel breakfast with family, getting to meet my cousin's newest little lady who's enthusiasm was lacking to meet me.


No comments: